Having an Examination

Do I need to be under a health insurance system? How can I get a health insurance card?

All Japanese citizens and foreign residents who have a valid status of residence (for one year and over) are required to enroll in a health insurance program.
Please refer to the following on how to get a health insurance card:
1. If you are under the National Health Insurance Program, you must apply at your local ward office's National Health Insurance and Pension Section.
2. If you are under a employee health insurance (includes social and health insurance) your workplace will likely carry out the necessary application procedures.
For further information on social insurance and health insurance, please click here.
For more information on National Health Insurance, please click here.


Top 5 Questions


Accessible by mobile phone.