Other Registrations

When reporting a Marriage or Divorce what should we do?

If you are a foreign national married to a Japanese national, you must get a Certificate of Eligibility to Marry (Japanese translation required) from your embassy or consulate. Make sure to bring your passport and Notice of Marriage to your local ward office.
In the case of divorce, you must submit the Notice of Divorce and you must bring your passport or foreign registration card to your local ward office.


Top 5 Questions


Accessible by mobile phone.