Procedures for Staying

What is the Certificate of Eligibility?

This certificate (is strictly for foreigners who meet the necessary requirements to stay in Japan for a long term which consists of spouse/child of a Japanese national, university students, engineers and intra-company transferees.
If applying for a visa in a Japanese Consulate General abroad, this certificate will likely be required. In the case where period of stay is only for a short term this certificate is not necessary.
For further information, please refer to the Immigration Bureau's website.


Top 5 Questions


Accessible by mobile phone.